Hovercast is a customizable menu interface for virtual reality applications. It provides menu navigation, buttons, sliders, and toggles – all using simple, reliable gestures. View the project at: https://github.com/aestheticinteractive/Hovercast-VR-Menu
This video shows the Hovercast menu in its “cubes” demo environment. It uses an Oculus Rift headset for VR, and a Leap Motion controller for the 3D hand input.
The left/right sides of this video show nearly the same images. If you carefully cross your eyes until these sides overlap in the center, you’ll see the video in 3D.
* Hierarchical menu navigation
* Several button, selector, and slider options
* Proximity-based item selection
* Arc-shaped menu bar extending from a central point
* “Displacement menu” behavior: navigating to a parent/child level shifts the previous level out of the active menu bar
* Complete customization options, via basic settings or custom item renderers